+44 777 342 8232 • email@example.com
I am a professional software engineer with a genuine passion for technology who is constantly on the lookout for ways I can improve the software I write and the way it is delivered. I care deeply about the quality of my work and that of my team.
Since 2010: (Consultant) Senior Engineer, Morgan Stanley
Provision of software consulting and mentoring services across variety of projects in a globally distributed confirmations team.
- Experience with the design & development of applications for execution in containerized “cloud” environments, specifically writing software that can dynamically scale horizontally as demand requires.
- Deep understanding of text, electronic and other methods of confirming and matching trades.
- Worked closely with business operations departments to develop and on board products into the confirmation systems for Interest Rate Derivative, Credit Derivative, Commodity and Equity Swap asset classes.
- Mentoring of other team members both informally and formally via critical but constructive appraisal of deliverables prior to release.
- Firm but fair participant in pull request code reviews in order to assure continuous improvement of software quality within the department.
- Active and engaged participant in the agile software development process at all levels from user story capture to retrospectives. Moonlighted as Scrum Master when required.
2009-2010: Technical Lead, Accenture (J.P. Morgan Chase)
Accenture UI Technical Lead on a greenfield Prime Services Synthetic Portfolio Swap line of business project utilizing C#.NET (Winforms, WPF) and Microsoft’s range of enterprise patterns and practices.
- Led a global UI application team of 10 engineers spanning London, New York and India.
- Design & development of a core user interface framework providing patterns and practices allowing the global team to independently design & develop discrete user interface components in a modular fashion.
- Design & development of front end components, working closely with both front and middle office teams.
2006-2009: Technical Lead, Accenture (Assureweb Limited)
Technical Lead of an insurance and financial product comparison and quotation system targeted at Independent Financial Advisors.
- Led team of 6 in the design & development (C#.NET) of Assureweb’s next generation internal & external WS-* standards compliant web services built on top of Windows Communications Foundation (WCF).
- Design & development of a product runtime allowing the business to rapidly iterate and respond to client needs by deploying changes to products in real time with no system downtime.
- Development and optimization of Windows Workflow Foundation workflows the control the quote processing business logic using the Workflow Rules Engine. Workflows controlled the entire business process of a quote from initial receipt through to aggregation of results.
2005-2006: Software Engineer, Accenture (Field Force Enablement)
Integration subject matter expert within the Accenture internal project “Field Force Enablement”. The core team provided the mobile field work, integration and device framework to teams implementing the technology at client engagements.
- Generalization of the integration work performed at National Grid Transco (see previous project) on the resequencer to add additional features and integration points required by client engagements.
- Design & development of a pluggable testing and reporting framework for automated mobile device reliability testing to replace an existing manual process. The automated process facilitated overnight testing and a significant reduction in manpower needed to execute tests, allowing the team to increase cycle test coverage significantly.
- Outsourced to client engagements in the United Kingdom, North America and Canada as an integration subject matter expert, assisting them with the implementation of the core project integration technology.
2004-2005: Integration Software Engineer, Accenture (National Grid Transco)
Software engineer working on the BizTalk 2004 Integration of a number of enterprise systems within National Grid Transco related to mobile field work.
- Design & development of BizTalk 2004 Orchestrations related to managing the integration of 5 separate systems that together co-ordinate the dispatch of work orders to mobile field workers nationally.
- Design & development of BizTalk 2004 Schemas and Maps covering circa 75 external message formats with correlating internal message formats with a variet of complexity.
- Development on a custom resequencing application written in C#. Significant work with multi-threading and database tuning and debugging (deadlock resolution, lock contention) in order to increase message throughput.
2004: Software Engineer, Accenture (Thames Water)
Solo team member integrating a Java client/server application through a C++ and C# mobile middleware (GPRS). The system serviced circa 750 mobile field workers in the area supplied and managed by Thames Water.
1999-2003: Software Engineer, Triniteq Limited
Member of a software and hardware development team responsible for delivering the technology to drive innovative systems for wireless hospitality food ordering. Responsibilities included the design & development of Point of Sale & related applications (Clarion), Microcontroller programs (PIC assembly, Embedded C) and PalmOS applications (Palm C).
Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia — B.Sc. Computer Science, 1999
- nMQTT is a .Net/Mono compatible implementation of the Message Queue Telemetry Transport protocol. You can find it at the nMQTT project page at GitHub.
- I enjoy middle-distance running to keep fit and to allow me to eat good food.
- I have an interest in electronic engineering and have designed my own Raspberry Pi daughter board PCBs and software (node.js) for my personal house alarm system, which integrates with Slack as it’s remote command/control and notification gateway.
You can find the latest version online at https://markallanson.net/cv
Pdf • Microsoft Word • Markdown